TibetWrites in collaboration with the Department of Education, the Central Tibetan Administration, would like to invite submission of poems from students in Tibetan schools and colleges.
The theme of the contest is Tibet’s Environment.
The main goal of this contest is to create awareness and inspire discourse as well as positive actions for environmental protection. Participants are encouraged to write poems relating to Tibet’s rivers, grassland, animals, nomadic and pastoral lives as well on mining and impact of global warming on the Tibetan Plateau.
- Theme: Tibet’s Environments
- Each participant may send one entry in one of the two languages: Tibetan and English
- The contest is in two categories:
- Students from Classes IX to XII
- Tibetan students in colleges
- Students in Tibetan schools under the Department of Education, CTA, may submit through their school office/respective English teachers. Other students could email their entries to: [email protected]
- Last date of submission: 5 p.m. 31 July 2019.
- TibetWrites reserves the right to use the submissions in publications though the copyright will remain with the respective writers.
A three-member jury will judge the entries and their decision will be final. All entries must be original. Entries will be judged on the merit of content, creativity and language.
- Top five entries in each category will be awarded a cash prize of Rs.5000.00 each and a certificate.
- The prize will be given on Tibetan Democracy Day, 2 September 2019 in Dharamshala.